What's New at Walking Tours of France
On this page, we will let you know when we make changes or substantial additions to our web site, price changes for specific products, customer questions, and/or changes in company policies. For changes older than 06/01/2008, refer to our archives page.
- We have added some new series and products to our inventory. Check out our New Products link.(06/17/2011)
- The euro is once again pushing the 1.50 mark, halving the value of the U.S. dollar. (04/29/11).
- We are constantly searching for new trails guides and there are too many out there to list. Tell us the location you want to visit and we will send you a quote with the best titles available. (04/16/11).
- Good news only lasts so long in today's changing economic environment. The euro has been hovering around the 1.40 mark lately.(11/10/10)
- Finally, the rate of the euro to the dollar is at a halfway respectable ratio; 1 euro = 80 cents as of July 2, 2010. Still not parity but better than the 1 euro equals 40 - 50 cents which we saw last summer. With the rates down, now is the time to buy guidebooks and maps for your next France trip.(7/3/2010)
- French publishers keep churning out new hiking titles and maps every month. If you are planning a journey to a specific area, let us know and we will do the research for you as we do not have the space to list every new title that comes out.(6/3/2010)
- HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010. Hopefully, this will be a better year for travelers to France as the euro hit record highs this year which serverely reduced the value of our dollar. At all times, we try to hold your price down. In 2009, that was extremely hard and we thank you the customer who still ordered from us despite greatly higher prices.
- Order links have been added to the FFRP and IGN 900 series pages for easier ordering. We will be adding to other pages in the future.
- Rother guides have increased in price per the publisher from $21.95 to $29.95. (10/16/2009)
- Prices have been updated on our FFRP page to reflect a value of one euro costs 1.30 dollars. When you purchase one of these guides, the actual cost may be more or less than what is indicated based on the current euro price. (05/30/2009)
- We have created a new design for our home page.(05/22/2009)
- IGN has once again created a new version of their bestselling Top 100 maps series (formerly Series Verte). With a bright yellow cover, they are better than their predecessors (currently dark blue covers) due to increased accuracy of satellite imagery, 3D computer technology and GPS. They will also contain more information regarding leisure and outdoor activities with symbols indicating the sport, event, sight, etc. They have published around 47 of 76 maps in the series so far and expect to complete the rest by April 2010. The price remains at $11.95. Check out the new cover and index.
- We have added last year's (2008) Logis de France and Gites d'Etape Et De Sejour guides to our Spring/Summer Sale list. Both of these guides are an excellent value as there are very few changes over the course of one year; the occasional closing or new opening. We have also further reduced the price of selected items.(05/08/2009)
- Parigramme has a great pocket map guide for four neighborhoods in Paris. Montmartre, St-Germain-des-Pres, and Belleville are in French-only. Marais neighborhood is in French and English versions. They are $11.95 each.(04/13/2009)
- IGN has increased the price of their blue series maps by 1.25 euros for 2009.(01/06/2009)
- Happy New Year! May the euro stay low, airline prices drop, and we all have new hiking adventures in France at lower prices. The year 2008 was an economic challenge for us as a retailer and tour guide. The cost of one Euro jumped as high as $1.58 and gas prices went through the roof causing most airlines to jack up their prices which in turn kept many travelers at home. We are optimistic it will be better in 2009 and thank you the customer who continues to support this business.(01/02/2009).
- The 2009 version of Chambres d'Hotes et Tables guide is available. For more info, refer to our trail guides page. (12/01/2008)
- The 2009 versions of
Gites de Etampes et Sejours, Logis de France, and Michelin Red France guides will be available sometime in late Februrary/early March according to the publishers. These are the best guides for lodging in France and offer everything from simple dorms to country, family-run hotels, to elaborate 5 star hotels. These go fast, so pre-order now. For more info, refer to our trail guides page. (11/30/2008)
- Check out our FFRP page for late 2008 titles, including Chemin de Régordane (excellent hike from Le-Puy-en-Velay southward to Nîmes) and new 2009 titles that are coming soon . (11/30/08)
- IGN has issued a new series of maps called Balades en Forêt. A 1:20,000 scale map highlights trails/paths/streets for hiking and cycling in nationaly protected forests. The locations for the series are forests in the Paris area (St-Germain, Fountainbleu) or Provence (Ventoux, Luberon). See our maps page for more information. (11/30/2008)
- We now sell cycling guides that can also be used for hiking as most routes follow secondary and farm/forest roads. Check out Le Pays des Chateaux: Chambord et ses Environs which includes 12 day trip circuits plus two weekend routes. (08/03/2008)
- Three new titles, Chemin de St-Jacques, Central Pyrenees, and Vanoise, have been added to our Rother Guides list. This German publisher puts out excellent hiking guides, most in English, for various parts of France and Europe. (08/03/2008)
- The following FFRP guides have been added to our FFRP book list: Bordeaux à pied, Pays de Belomont de la Loire à pied, Goële au Trégor à pied, and Au Pays de Ventadour à pied. (08/02/2008)
- We add new FFRP titles nearly every month. So, ask if you don't see a guide for your chosen designation as we may know if one if forthcoming.(07/03/2008)
- We are making bicycling guides available to our customers as many of these routes are adaptable to hiking. Check out New Products page for listings. (06/03/2008)
- Four new FFRP guides have been added to our FFRP page including a walking guide for the city of Bordeaux. (06/01/2008)
Top of Page
Introduction to Walking Tours of France (Home)
What's New at Walking Tours of France
Map & Trail Guide of the Month
Special Free Book Offer
Maps of France
Trail Guides & Other Resources
Gîtes de France Guides
Maps & Trail Guides Clearance / Special Sales
Beyond France: Trail Guides & Maps for Other Countries
Walking Tours of France: City Reports
Walking Tours of France: City Reports Locations List
Tours by Arrondissement
Order Form & Instructions
"If you find a better price for any of the products we sell from a U.S. retailer, we will match it."
Today's Rate: Euro vs Dollar
Why Shop at Walking Tours of France?
Who are We?
WTF Privacy Statement
© 2011 Walking Tours of France