What's New at Walking Tours of France
On this page are archives from our What's New at Walking Tours of France page, 11/01/2005 - 06/03/2008. For earlier info, check out our 5/29/2002 - 09/01/2005 archives page.
- The 2008 edition Gites d'Etape et de Sejour is now available. (06/03/2008)
- The publication release of the 2008 edition Gites d'Etape et de Sejour, the Bible of GR hikers, has been delayed. It is usually out in February but this year delayed due to problems at the publisher. We will let you know when it is available.(05/02/2008)
- Can the Euro get any worse? It is now at a record of 1 euro equaling 1.58 dollars recently. That's a great deal for Europeans but not for us.(05/02/2008)
- FFRP page updated with new titles from late 2007 and early 2008. (02/28/2008)
- The newest title to the Gîtes de France series is Chambres de Charme au Chateau which provides a listing of rooms within or entire chateaux for rent. This sells for $35.95. It is a special order to France. (02/24/2008)
- IGN Top 100 series maps (formerly known as the green series), red series, and departmental maps have increased in price to $11.95 each. (02/18/2008).
- New in late 2007 from IGN's 900 series is Les Chemins vers Saint Jacques-de-Compostelle which shows the different routes through France for this historical pilgrimage. Over 150 monuments and sites of historical and religious significance are highlighted. Also new is La France de Vauban which shows the forts and military installations created by King Louis XIV's famed military architect and engineer. Both of these maps are $12.95 each. (01/10/2008)
- FFRP page updated with new titles. (6/15/2007)
- We will be adding a host of new French publishers to the web site, so check back with us in the future. (04/29/2006)
- The publisher Glénat has recently taken over the publication of the Circuit Pedestres series formerly published by Franck Mercier. (04/28/2006)
- Due to the high cost of shipping between the USA and France for small orders, Walking Tours of France has adopted the following new policy.
We will make orders with our European wholesalers and publishers only when we can obtain minimum order status (14 items) with them. This does not mean that you have to order 14 items. But, if your order, bundled with other special orders and our needed inventory, does not achieve that number, we will wait until we get to the minimum.
Most of the time, this will not affect you as minimum orders are usually achieved every 1-2 weeks. Then your order will be obtained from France within 30 days from the date of your order.
If business is slow (rare), it will take longer. Or, if your order arrives just after we have sent an order, you may have to wait up to eight weeks to receive it. At the time of your order, we will give you an estimate. If you need your products ordered now and the order is under 14 items, you will be charged a $14.00 special order fee. (04/20/2006)
- The 2006 versions of Gîtes de France and Logis de France are in. These go fast, so order now. For more info, refer to our trail guides page. (04/01/2006).
- Just In! For an example of life on the famed GR65 trail, Via Podensis, Pilgrimage Route of Saint James, get Pilgrimage to the End of the World: The Road to Santiago de Compostela, $13.00. (03/31/2006)
- All IGN blue series maps that are "in-stock" are priced 10-40% off their current price. If a blue series map has to be special ordered, it is still the regular price. Check out our list. Offer expires 6/30/2006. (03/09/2006)
- We have added cover and map pages for the FRRP guides for the region of Provence. To activate, click on the Normandy title header on the FFRP page. More regional cover pages forthcoming. (01/02/2006)
- Thank you for another great year as our business continues to grow because of you buying from us and telling your friends. We look forward to doing more business with you in 2006! (01/02/2006)
- We have added cover and map pages for the FRRP guides for the region of Normandy. To activate, click on the Normandy title header on the FFRP page. More regional cover pages forthcoming. (12/23/2005)
- New graphics, regional index on FFRP page.(11/30/2005)
- We have added cover and map pages for the FRRP guides for the regions of Alsace, Lorraine, and Franche-Comte. To activate, click on the Alsace title header on the FFRP page. More regional cover pages forthcoming. (11/30/2005)
- It's hard to believe, but the euro to dollar ratio is starting to reverse. After being as high as 38¢ more than the dollar around this time last year (1 euro = 62¢), it is now down to 1 euro = $1.17311. This is good news for you as we do not have to charge you as much for our products. The prices listed on our web site are based on equalness between the two currencies (11/08/2005).
- For cheaper air, hotel, restaurant, car rental prices, consider hiking in the non/minor-snow, less cold areas of France during the winter months. This includes Normandy, Brittany, Loire Valley, Dordogne, southern France between Bordeaux-Toulouse-Carcassonne, and southerly areas of Provence. (11/01/2005)
Top of Page
Walking Tours of France: Introduction
Walking Tours of France: City Reports
Walking Tours of France: City Reports Locations List
Tours by Arrondissement
Maps of France
Trail Guides & Other Resources
Order Form & Instructions
© 2004 Walking Tours of France